Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Day 4

Ok so. More walking. But today was a little more productive.  I got a phone.  Although I went back three years technologically. The thing is basically prehistoric, but it gets the job done.  I didn't want to waste more time trying to unblock my phone to get it working, so whatevv. That's that.

Then I went to lunch with a friend's friend....a friend's English-speaking friend. Thank you. Who knew Italy also has good Japanese food. We talked a while and then he went back to work and I went on my way to take the bus (enoughh walking, really). After being distracted by a pastry shop HELLO cannolis, this lovely old Italian man asked me where I was from and proceeded to say "bella cilena, bella regazza di Cile..bella.." and pinched my cheek. He made me blush.  It was perfectly adorable...and then he wouldn't walk away. Haha..so I just kinda stood there until he finally wandered off and my bus came.

So once I got home I got to calling people about rooms. It's moments like that where I am glad I am completely alone. So I can pretend I wasn't laughing at myself after every call I made. I was able to get the point across though so that was good.  I was starting to get nervous after about an hour of calling though, because most of the rooms were already rented out.  And the people renting my favorite rooms didn't answer or had a number that didn't work. Not good.  But after everything I ended up agreeing to go see two places. Both at opposite times of day and in the same place. Awesome. I think I'll have lunch around there or something and try and stall as much as I can. We'll see.

Now bed. Hopefully I can sleep, unlike last night. Another early morning tomorrow. (Now some people are saying classes start tomorrow instead of next week...but that's not on my to do list yet.)

No comments:

Post a Comment