Thursday, March 15, 2012

Day 18

Well, finally more classes.  Ironically, I'll be studying English and Spanish lit here in Italy.  But i'm looking into Italian cinema and modern architecture, which both sound quiteee intruiguing. So going to class has kept me more busy, although today classes were cancelled because of a subway protest or something that immobilized public transformation for the day. Not too much of a let down really, I slept.

I took my Italian test...and it went as well as I thought it would. So Level 1. Back to basics. Although that would imply having been more advanced at some point, which I haven't been at, so it's more like...starting at the basics. Buongiorno.

I did make some new friends though..I went out with another Chilean girl that's here, Coni and we had our first night out.  We met a few Romans (one of which is a chef...thank you) who took us to "Testaccio", which for a Monday night was not bad at all. So we danced and had a few unpronounceable shots, and were home in time to sleep a few hours before class this morning.

And now, after a beautiful parmesan taglierini dish and half a bottle of wine, we're off again, hopefully to meet more people and discover new places. And no class tomorrow. So much better.


This Sunday is the marathon, I know I should probably make my mom proud and run part of it, buttt, let's just say it's too late and I'll be watching from my window. Valerio says they run right on our street, so watching it while having lunch seems like a perfect plan.

And this weekend, Pisa. NOT missing our train again. We're thinking Naples for next weekend. So more stories to come.......

No comments:

Post a Comment