Thursday, March 8, 2012

Day 12-Laziness

The awe effect is beginning to wear off. Maybe a little too much so. Are you allowed to be lazy if you're in Italy? I've been ticking things off my to do list slowly, boring official stuff for school...getting papers back to Chile to prove I'm here I guess. And now I just want to develop some sort of a routine. Half of me wanted to come to get out of a routine so I'm confusing myself a little. Perhaps I just wanted a new routine? I'm definitely a creature of habit so I know it's more comfortable for me...but whooo knows. I haven't had any classes yet- the whole system here is as lazy as I feel right now...you do what you want and then just see if you can pass the exams. Most of the classes I want to take start in April (YES April)...So that gives me some time to...walk more. and travel. and see things. But then again I have a placement test for my Italian language course on the 12th, so I can't go too far.  I'm trying to go to Pisa this weekend, see if they've figured out how to get that tour straight yet. It's probably lazy too. From all the pizza. Get it? Sorry.

But the food here does relax you. I mean it's comfort food on a whole different level. All I really want to do is eat. And the fact that I've been watching Masterchef episodes on my computer every chance I get, does not help. Anyone who watches any sort of cooking show knows how the second you see people making these beautiful dishes all you want to do is go out and buy fresh ingredients and make something yourself. Which I just did. They had a ravioli challenge, and ohhh I just happened to have newly-bought authentic Italian (albeit packaged) ravioli in my fridge-or section of the fridge that belongs to me- and so I ate. And it was great. I have been out running a few times but I can't help feeling self-conscious...it's like people know I'm a crazy outsider running around trying not to get fat from all their irresistible food. Oh well. Maybe I'll do something indoors today.

Something else always happens to me when I watch these reality shows. I always wish I was on one....like this unhealthy envy that I could be changing my life or following my dream like the people on the screens are...like whyyy can't that happen to me. And then I think, well you are doing something you've been wanting to do. It just doesn't feel that amazing. Maybe you don't feel that amazing while it's happening? Maybe you have to be filmed for it to seem like something more special. Then of course I'm in my room on my computer instead of having a gelato in front of the Fontana di Trevi...or reading on the steps of Piazza Espagna...or walking through flocks of pigeons at the Vatican.

Maybe tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Hey pretty!!! Reading this makes me feel like I'm there with you!!! I miss you!!! Kisses

    ReplyDelete