Sunday, May 6, 2012

Day 71

Well I had planned to go to the Sisteen Chapel early this morning, but I woke up to rain. So I watched Notorious BIG instead. It was great. You gotta love him. Now I feel all hip hoppy. East side REPRESENT. Haha...Biggie anyone?



I'm realizing that sometime soon I'm going to have to get into school mode, because June is coming up and that means exams...and they're all almost on the same day so it's going to be a lot in a little amount of time. English Lit is going well, the books are still pretty interesting; now I'm reading Youth by J.M. Coetzee. But there's this textbook that's supposed to support what we're doing in class and it is the most boring thing ever. I sat in the library for two hours taking notes from it and it seemed endless. I was disoriented by the time I got out of there. So I don't know if I'll be doing any more of that. I have to figure out something else. And Spanish Lit: we're reading La Regenta. Actually that's completely inaccurate- they are reading La Regenta. It's just not gonna happen. I mean they had already started it when I joined the class, it's classic Spanish prose which is NOT my thing, and it's split into two takes because of how long it is.  Please. So at some point I need to sit down and read the chapter summaries, which is going to be like reading an entire book in itself. I'm so excited.

What a blah day. All I can do is sit here thinking about everything I could or should be doing...but I'm really not into moving right now. But then it'll be 8 and I'll be mad at myself for letting the day go to waste...What a difficult situation. Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment